Product by: Monster Cable
• Combines extra-large speaker drivers and a high-power digital amplifier
• Powered isolation technology actively cuts external noise
• Built-in answer button and microphone
• Plush ear cushions with ultra-soft breathable materials
• Made with a scratch-resistant gloss finish
• Very cool integrated mute button.
• Weight: 260 grams
• Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
• Maximum output: 115dB
• Requires two AAA batteries (included)
• Headphone cable length: 1.3 meters
It is unquestionable that the Studio Beats by Dre have an absolutely phenomenal quality of sound. Not only that, but they also LOOK phenomenal. These over-the-ear headphones look, sound, and are expensive. So the question has never been “are they good?”, rather “are they worth it?”.
My personal answer? Yes. I have a passionate love for many forms of music and the Beats mame them all sound phenomenal. From techno’s thumping bass and exotic textures to death metal’s unforgiving kick-drum and chunky guitar chugs everything sounds amazing. I almost feel compelled to listen to my entire music library again as you always discover something in a song you’ve never heard before. I also love that these headphones are a fashion-statement. They evoke envy and turn heads anywhere you go. They do have their shortcomings, particularly with concerns of overall comfort and questionable durability- but the one year warranty will l take care of you and many brick-and-mortar stores offer extended protections plans.
But for these to truly feel worthy of the price you must be a lover of music AND fashion. If you only love music then you can find something with similar sound for a cheaper price. If you only love fashion then you would scoff at the idea of paying this much for a pair of headphones, no matter how hot they look. Even if you think they’re overpriced once you get your Beats you will NEVER look back.
• Fantastic, balanced sound. Bass thumps but isn’t muddy.
• Lot’s of extras are included
• Unmistakable style
• The mute button is an awesome innovation
• Not the most comfortable or portable headphones
• Some songs (mainly hi-hats and other brass percussion components) sound harsh.
• Answer button on included cable is very wonky at first, though you get used to it.