Specifications and Features:
- Compatibility: All 2.5”/3.5” SATA hard drives
- Interface: Standard SATA
- Support: USB 3.0
- Transfer speed: 5 Gbps
- Connectivity: Hot plug and play
- Dimension: 2 1/8”(55 mm)W x 2 ½” (60 mm)L x ½” (12 mm)H
- Weight: 1.5 lbs (681g) / Unit
- USB 3.0 to SATA adapter
- Connect three different sizes of drive mechanism to USB 3.0 (2.5”,
- 3.5”, and 5.25”)
- Support all SATA drives
- AC/DC power adapter
- SATA II & USB 3.0 compatible
- Support OS: Win98SE/2000/ME/XP/Vista/7 Mac OS 10.0 or higher
The Kingwin adapter connecting to a 2'5 HDD
The Kingwin adapter connecting to a 3'5 HDD
For the testing we will use be transferring a 150mb video file to the hard drive and then back.
USB 3.0 copy to Kingwin ez connect: 8 Secs.
USB 3.0 copy from Kingwin ez connect: 1 secs.
USB 2.0 C Drive to External: 55 secs.
USB 2.0 C Drive from External: 8 secs.
Overall the ez connect performed incredibly well. Performing anywhere from 5-8 times faster than 2.0. This product is great for some one that wants a nice compact option instead of a docking bay and should be a great choice for mobile techs. I think Kingwin has a winner combining the compact technology of their ex connect series with the speed of USB 3.0.
Would I recommend this product? Yes, if you are a mobile tech and need quick speeds grab one of these. If you are working on a bench maybe a docking station might fit your needs a little better.
- USB 3.0
- Great Throughput
- HDD is Not Very Secure for use on a Tech Bench