Provided by: Cooler Master
I will quickly talk about the software. Easy to install and was up within seconds. You probably won't have to use it often unless you are the type of person who likes to change your mice settings all the time. Though there is a macro setup so that is not necessarily true. The button assignment I wouldn't see people using more than once or twice at most though it is easy to use. If you were to use anything often it would be the double click, scroll speed and pointer acceleration which luckily are also a snap. On the custom screen you can change your dpi button settings but not really since you can only choose from the 3; 800, 1800, and 3500 DPI. If I had to sum it up in one sentence I would say it is easy to use and only relevant if you need to change your settings a lot (and of course firmware updates). Frankly I found the settings fine right out of the box. Here is a link to the software download.
Features and Specifications:
- Anti-Drift Control Sensor – The Spawn gaming mouse utilizes a high performance optical engine and ensures extreme stability. Built with an anti-draft architecture, it provides lossless performance under mouse lift and drop, with a built in angle snapping option one can formulate the perfect flick shot and maximize their kill rates with sheer accuracy.
- Onboard Sentinel-X 32 KB – The Sentinel-X microprocessor safeguards your mouse setting by storing button assignments, advanced macros and other mouse customization – allowing gamers to plug and play on any other system without losing their initial settings.
- Omron Micro Switches (5 Million clicks) – Ultra tactile mouse clicks for in-game fragging is afforded through the utilization of Omron's patented micro switch technology. Backed by a minimum guarantee of 5 million clicks, the Spawn gaming mouse offers and extended gaming life-span for the avid gamer.
- Japanese-Made Ultra-Step Wheel Encoder – Ultra precise stepping encoder allows gamers to navigate small distances with the scroll wheel while establishing great control and precision.
- DPI On the Fly – Comfortably placed under the scroll wheel, gamers can switch DPI settings easily to 800, 1800, and 3500.
- Superior Anti-Slip Rubberized Grip Design – Sweat proof and highly slip resistant, Spawn includes two thick rubber grips that have been deployed on both sides of the mouse. This affords full control to lift-off style gamers during game play.
Model number SGM-2000-MLON1
Available Color Black + Red
Material Rubber Grip / ABS Plastic
Dimensions W 75.5 X (H) 110 X (D) 35 mm (W) 3X (H) 4.3 X (D) 1.3 inch
Net Weight 142 g / 0.313 lb
Sensor 3500 DPI Storm Tactical Optical Sensor
Maximum Tracking Speed 60 IPS
Maximum Acceleration 20g
Polling Time 1.0ms
Speed Measurement 6400 fps
Onboard Memory 32kb
Form Factor Right Hand Ergonomic
Button Assignment 7
Weight System No
So what did I think? Well after using the CM Storm Spawn for the past week now and I quite love it. I found it to be very comfortable due to the ergonomic right hand design. One of the features that I quite enjoyed was the on the fly DPI change. It was great being able to change my settings without doing some folder navigation or leaving my game. The buttons were very easy to figure out as well, you have 3 settings and pressing up moves you to a higher one and pressing down moves you to a lower one. The grip felt nice in my hand, it seemed to cool and dry which is thanks to the anti-slip rubberized design. Usually with gaming mice a changeable weight system is what people are looking for but sometimes you don't need it. The spawn can handle games well enough without them though I wouldn't say that they wouldn't improve it.
So would I recommend it? Yes, after my time with the CM Storm Spawn I can say that it is a well made mouse very capable of being your next upgrade be you a gamer or just a general computer user.
- Great grip design
- Fluid movement
- On the fly DPI
- Right hand ergonomic
- Aesthetically pleasing
- No Left Hand ergonomics
- No Changeable weights