TRENDNET Powerline Fast Ethernet Adapter Review
Sometimes getting from point A to point B can be a bit on the tricky side; Some houses make running cable a nightmare and depending on where you live you might not even be allowed to run said cable. A logical choice it to go wireless, this is a fantastic option, that is, unless you have a house built like Fort Knox! Yes even the best wireless has a hard time penetrating cement constructed homes. So what on earth can you do now? The good people at TRENDNET came up with a solution: The TRENDNET Powerline Fast Ethernet Adapter has the ability to get the job done with no holes or need for line of site. Let’s get a closer look at this marvel and see if it is right for you:
Provided by: TRENDNET
Specifications and Features:
|Standards||IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u
|Interface||10/100Mbps Auto-MDIX RJ45 Port
|Frequency Band||2 ~ 30 MHz|
|Modulation||QAM, QPSK, BPSK, ROBO|
|Speed||Powerline: Up to 200Mbps
|Supported OS||Windows 2000/XP (32/64-bit) /Vista(32bit)|
|Nodes||Up to 16 client nodes|
|LED||Power, Powerline, Ethernet|
(L x W X H)
|78 x 30 x 102 mm
(3 x 1.2 x 4 inches)
|Weight||140g (5 oz.)|
|Power Source||Input: 100~240V AC, 160mA|
|Consumption||4.2 watts (max.)|
|Temperature||0° ~ 40° C (32° ~ 104° F)|
|Operating Humidity||0% to 90% (Non-Condensing)|
- Enjoy high speed building-wide networking over existing electrical lines
- Plug & Play support and Windows based configuration utility for a quick and simple installation
- Share data intensive files, play games, download music and more at very fast data transfer rates of up to 200Mbps
- Advanced encryption (AES) ensure total network security
- Connect one 200Mbps* Powerline AV Adapter to the Internet and then plug in up to 15 additional adapters for instant building connectivity
- Enjoy transmission distances of up to 300 meters (984ft.)
- Configuration utility compatible with Windows 2000/XP (32/64-bit) /Vista(32bit) operating systems
- 3-year limited warranty
* 200Mbps is the maximum data rate possible. Actual throughput will vary depending on environment.
** Networked Powerline devices need to be plugged into power outlets that are on the same electrical system.
If you are in a networking bind the TRENDNET Powerline Fast Ethernet Adapter is the perfect solution. Coupling the ability to use the device with PC and gaming devices make this product more then your run of the mill wifi dongle. The security you achieve with the powerline over a wifi connection is also a major selling point.
Would I recommend this product? Yes, TRENDNET has always been a fantastic company with great product. Put down that drill and grab a Powerline (the TRENDNET kind).
- Simple to use
- 200Mbps is Nothing to Scoff at
- Great Idea!
- Not as Buggy as Wireless
- None come to mind