Skate videos are everywhere on youtube. 90% of the time they are done with fish eye “effect” that you can attain with some video editing software. The reason most resort to this effect or to using crappy fisheye lenses is because quality lenses can be expensive and most kids trying to be discovered and sponsored on youtube are flat broke. Opteka has been around for awhile and they continuously release quality components for great prices so when I saw this Skater kit I have to get one because I have heard great things about this lens. Let’s see if it’s right for you:
Provided By: Amazon
Closer Look and Test Video:
Specifications and Features:
- Opteka OPT-SC37FE Platinum Series 0.3X HD Ultra Fisheye Lens for 25mm, 30mm, 30.5mm & 37mm Digital Video Camcorders
- Opteka X-GRIP Professional Camera / Camcorder Action Stabilizing Handle with Hot-shoe for Flash or Video Light
- 3 Watt Halogen Video Light for Camcorders
- Opteka LCD Screen Protectors, Lens Cleaning Kit, & Tabletop Tripod
- The perfect all inclusive kit for action sport filmers.
I was very impressed with the performance of this kit. You have everything you would need to make a decent looking extremesports video all you need is a good cam. The fish eye effect of this lens is very impressive and everything but the lamp was awesome. The cleaning kit works great and so does the steadi-cam Xgrip.
If you are in the market for a fish eye I strongly suggest the Opteka over everything else.