If you are a gaming fan chances are you have played a flight sim or flying game of some sort. Throughout the years of flying games there have been several attempts at creating a joystick easy enough for anyone to use yet complex enough to include at least some of the functionality of a full blown flight simulator capable joystick. Thrustmaster has been in the game for quite some time and have made some very impressive products. The latest team up of the Thrustmaster T.16000M and Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X seems to be a match made in heaven for the casual flight sim gamer. Let check out the joystick a little closer:
Provided by: Thrustmaster
Specifications and Features:
- Switch enabling users to configure the 12 buttons located on the base in a left- or right-handed position
- Exclusive precision technology: H.E.A.R.T.– HALLEFFECT ACCURATE TECHNOLOGY™ !
- Fully ambidextrous joystick!
- 16 action buttons!
- 4 independent axes
- Rudder controlled by rotating the stick
- Trigger for brakes (civilian flights) or rapid fire (military flights) control
- Multidirectional hat (for panoramic view)
- Wide hand rest for reduced stress
- Weighted base for enhanced stability
- Plug & Play device offering extremely simple and quick installation, with all features preconfigured for immediate and hassle-free takeoff!
- The setting is 2014. As the era of the nation-state draws quickly to a close, the rules of warfare evolve even more rapidly. More and more nations become increasingly dependent on Private Military Companies (PMCs) – elite mercenaries with a lax view of the law. The Reykjavik Accords further legitimize their existence by authorizing their right to serve in every aspect of military operations. There goes the neighborhood…
- Tom Clancy’s HAWX is the next-gen console game primed to revolutionize the way we think about combat in the sky. Cutting-edge technology, devastating firepower, and intense dogfights award this new title a deserving place in the prestigious Tom Clancy Franchise.
- Key Features
- ENHANCED REALITY SYSTEM (E.R.S.):
- E.R.S. is in-game technology that helps turn novice aviators into elite pilots of the future. The Enhanced Reality System is the backbone of your flight experience: radars and incoming missile detection, damage control system, tactical map and information relay, and weapons trajectory control. E.R.S. also allows you to issue orders to your squadron, making this system as iconic to Tom Clancy’s HAWX as the Cross-Com system is to Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter!
- DUAL GAMEPLAY :
- Want to ease into your flight missions and gain a level of comfort? Turn on the assistance mode and take full advantage of your E.R.S. Need to evade your enemy and execute advanced dog-fighting moves? Switch off the assistance mode and feel the adrenaline rushing through your veins as you play in stunning 3rd person views.
- INNOVATION IN MULTIPLAYER :
- For the first time ever in the Air Combat genre, experience the entire solo campaign in 4 player JUMP IN coop mode In PVP mode, challenge your friends in intense dog-fighting sessions and see who the top gun is.
- REALISM AND AUTHENTICITY :
- Take the throttle of over fifty of the world’s most famous aircrafts. Dogfight over the most realistic and modern landscapes as the elite pilot of tomorrow.
- © 2009 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. H.A.W.X, Ubisoft, Ubi.com, the Ubisoft logo, and the Soldier icon are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- ENHANCED REALITY SYSTEM (E.R.S.):
Focusing mainly on the fact that this is a casual gamers Joystick when going into this review, I quickly realized that it has a lot more to offer then your run of the mill joystick. The inclusion of the swivel in the joy stick allows for more control over your air craft and the feel of the Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick is quality. Over all I was blown away with all the features this joystick has for its price. As for the game that comes with it I loved it. Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X is another point in Tom Clancies long line of great games. This is an ideal duo for any air combat fan.
Would I recommend this product? Yes, and it deserves recommendation it is well built and coupled with a great game. If you are new to the flight sim/ air combat genre of gaming I strongly suggest starting out your venture in this direction with the T16000 m and Tom Clancy H.A.W.X.
- Game Rocks!
- Plenty of Functionality
- Green LED’s
- Solid Build
- Tons of Fun
- Not Quite Enough Functionality for Flight Sim Enthusiasts